This box contains random stuff that might be useful in getting us
un-stuck and otherwise useful stuff.
- Shovel; we carry a big one if it is likely to be muddy or we are
otherwise likely to need to use it a lot. The "army" style is too small
for heavy use.
- Folding "army" shovel
- High-lift jack
- Board for putting under high-lift jack (1in plywood, around 1ft x 1ft)
- Tire chains
- Small rugs (for traction)
- 10x12 tarp
- Axe or hatchet
- Survival books
- Sharpening stone
- Change of clothes
- Small pruning chomps
- 20ft heavy nylon tow-strap, looped ends, with clevis for attachment.
- Volt-ohmmeter (most car troubles are electrical).
- Battery jumper cables
- Battery terminal brush and a battery terminal puller (cleaning
corroded battery terminals may make the difference between getting
started or not; once you get started, replace your battery. The
corrosion indicates that it is near the end of its life.)
Copyright © 1997-2016 Kenneth Ingham Consulting, LLC.
For details about the copyright, see the full
Unhappy? Thinking of suing us? Read this disclaimer.
You can read our privacy statement.
Comments? Send them via the